Now check out some EXCERPTS FROM THE DNT on this and the next following pages...!
Excerpt from Luke 9
in the DISCIPLE'S NEW TESTAMENT
This excerpt from the gospel of Luke further shows how much easier it is to read and understand Scripture that is in half-outline, multi-formatted text, with Jesus’ words highlighted in red, and it ends by pointing out that sometimes God deliberately prevents even His closest followers from understanding.
Peter's Confession of Christ; and Jesus told His Disciples about His Suffering, Rejection, Death and Resurrection, 9:18-22
18One time when Jesus was alone praying His disciples came to Him and He asked them, "Who do the people say that I am?"
19and they replied, "Some say JOHN THE BAPTIST/ others say ELIJAH/ while still others say ONE OF THE PROPHETS OF LONG AGO has risen again."
20And Jesus asked them, "But who do you disciples say I am?" (And Peter replied, "The Messiah/ the Christ of God.") 21Then Jesus warned and ordered them not to tell that to anyone, 22saying, "As the Son of man, I must:
1. Suffer many things,
2. Be hated and rejected by the elders, chief priests and scribes, and
3. Be put to death. --But I will--
4. Be raised again on the third day."
Jesus Warned His Disciples of Both the High Cost of Following Him and the Even Higher Cost of NOT Following Him, 9:23-27
23After that, Jesus said to all of the disciples, “Whoever desires to come after Me must PUT ASIDE HIS OWN INTERESTS/ CARRY HIS CROSS/ AND FOLLOW ME!
1. 24Because if anyone seeks to save his life, then he will destroy and lose it; however, if anyone voluntarily loses his life for My sake then he will preserve it from the penalty of eternal Death.
2. 25Because what profit would there be if anyone gained the entire world, but lost his eternal soul in the process?
3. 26Because if anyone is ashamed of Me or My teachings, then as the Son of man I will be ashamed of him when I come with the Father’s glory and His holy angels.
(27However I tell you most truly, 'Some of you standing here will not taste death before seeing the Kingdom of God.' ")
Jesus' Transfiguration, 9:28-36
28About eight days after that Jesus took Peter, John and James and went up on the mountain to pray. 29And while He prayed the appearance of His face changed, and His clothes became dazzling white.
30Then, two men (Moses and Elijah) appeared and began speaking to Jesus. 31They were splendid in glory, too/ and they spoke with Jesus about His death He was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem.
32Now Peter, James and John had been so drowsy that they had fallen asleep but when they were fully awake they saw both Jesus’ glory and the two men standing with Him. 33And as Moses and Elijah were leaving:
1. Not realizing what he was saying, Peter blurted out to Jesus, "It is good we are here, Master. Allow us to build three booths: one for You/ one for Moses/ and one for Elijah." 34While he was speaking a cloud began to overshadow them and they were seized with fear as they entered it. --35Then--
2. A Voice came from the cloud and said, "This is My Son/ My Chosen One; LISTEN TO AND OBEY HIM!" 36And after the Voice spoke, the disciples found Jesus standing alone.
(And they kept quiet and told no one at that time what they had seen.)
Jesus Healed a Boy With an Evil Spirit, 9:37-43a
37A large crowd met Jesus, Peter, James and John when they came down from the mountain the next day. 38A man in the crowd called out, "Teacher, I beg You to look at my son, because he is my only child 39and:
1. A spirit seizes him/ causes him to suddenly scream/ and throws him into convulsions that make him foam at the mouth.
2. The spirit seldom leaves him, and it mauls and bruises him when it does.
(40I asked Your disciples to cast it out, but they could not.")
41And Jesus answered, "O faithless and unbelieving generation! How long shall I stay with you and put up with your perversions! Bring your son to Me!" 42However, while the boy was on the way, the demon spirit slammed him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit/ healed the boy/ and returned him to his father.
…43And everyone was amazed by the evidence of God's mighty power.
An Example of God Purposely Hiding Understanding Even from Christ's Closest, Hand-Picked Disciples, 9:43b-45
43bBut while everyone was marveling at all Jesus was doing, He told His disciples, 44 "LISTEN CAREFULLY! The Son of man is about to be handed over to men whose conduct is opposed to God."
45However, the disciples did not understand that statement. (The ability to comprehend was hidden from them so that they would not understand it, and they were afraid to ask Jesus about it.)
Excerpt from the 1st Letter of John
in the DISCIPLE'S NEW TESTAMENT
Just because a believer has been a Bible scholar for 50 years doesn’t mean he or she knows everything about either the New Testament or salvation yet/ and consider the reality that God purposely hid His Mystery and some other things even from Christ’s most intimate followers (see Luke 9:43b-45.)
THEREFORE ALL OF US MUST BE OPEN TO RECEIVING NEW INSIGHTS AND TO PROGRESSIVELY GAINING AN EVER-CLEARER KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF GOD. [cf. v.4:6, AMPL.]
The excerpt of 1 John 1 and 2 from the DISCIPLE’S NEW TESTAMENT points out that truth, and also teaches Christ’s beloved disciples* to rely upon His Holy Spirit/ live for Him/ and stand firm against the many voices of the Antichrist!**
*cf. Jesus’ definition of a little child in Matthew 18:1-6
**cf. 1 John 2:18-22; 4:1-5; 2 John 2:7
Introduction: Jesus Christ, the Word of Life, 1:1-4
1 1The Word of Life [Jesus Christ] existed from the beginning: yet we apostles saw Him with our own eyes/ heard Him with our own ears/ and touched Him with our own hands.
2That Life was made manifest to us, and so we give testimony to you who are progressively gaining an ever-clearer knowledge and understanding of God [cf. v.4:6, AMPL.] of that Word of Life Who existed eternally with the Father/ and Who was made visible to us as eyewitnesses.
3Yes (so you might fellowship with us) we proclaim to you what we personally saw and heard as eyewitnesses. And indeed our fellowship is with God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ the Messiah.
Such fellowship is a distinguishing mark of Christians …4and we write these things so our joy might be full/ and your joy might be complete.
The Conditions for Christ-Honoring Fellowship, 1:5 - 2:2
(Walking in the Light of His Word of Truth, and Confession of Sin)
5This is the message Christ told us apostles/ that we now pass on to you who are progressively gaining an ever-clearer knowledge and understanding of God: “God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all.”
6Now, if we claim to have fellowship with God (and yet walk in darkness) then we lie and do not practice the Truth.
7But if we walk in the Light as God is in the Light: then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.
8If we refuse to admit that we are sinners, then:
1. We are deceived/ leading ourselves astray/ and the Truth is not in us. 9But if we freely confess our sins then God is faithful and true to His own nature/ and He will forgive our sins and cleanse everything in us that is not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought and action.
--10If we say we have not sinned--
2. We contradict God’s Word and make Him a liar/ and the message of the gospel is not in our hearts.
2 1My little children, I write these things to you so you may not violate the Law of God. But (if anyone does sin) we have an Advocate Who speaks to the Father in our defense: His Son Jesus Christ the Righteous.
2And Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins: Who appeased the Father’s deserved wrath against not only our sins but also the sins of the whole world.
The Character of Christ-Honoring Fellowship: Obedience, 2:3-11
3And by this we apostles, along with you who are progressively obtaining an ever-clearer knowledge and understanding of God may discern whether we are actually coming to know God better: if we:
1. PRACTICE HIS TEACHINGS AND COMMANDS. 4Whoever says he has come to know and understand God but fails to obey His commandments is a liar and the Truth is not in him.
--5But the love of God truly has been perfected in all those who--
2. TREASURE GOD’S WORD AND LIVE BY HIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.
--By this we are sure that we are in God: 6all of us who say we abide
in Him should--
3. CONDUCT OURSELVES LIKE CHRIST DID.
7 Brethren, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old teaching that you had from the beginning (the doctrine you already heard of salvation attained through Christ.)
8But on the other hand I am writing a new commandment to you: which is True both in Him and in you, because the darkness is clearing and the True Light, God’s revelation in Christ, is starting to shine!
9Anyone who says he is in the Light/ yet hates his born-again Christian brother is still in darkness. 10Whoever loves his believing Christian brother lives in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
(11But anyone who despises His brother in Christ is in darkness and walking in the dark; he strays without knowing where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.)
A Command for Christ-Honoring Fellowship: Believers of All Ages Must Separate From the World's Enticements, 2:12-17
12I write to all of you who are progressively obtaining an ever-clearer knowledge and understanding of God. 1. I write to you little children: since your sins have been forgiven for the sake of Christ.
2. 13I write to you parents and elderly: since you have come to know and understand Him Who existed from the beginning.
3. I write to you young adults: since you have overcome the evil one.
4. I am writing to you children: since you now know the Father.
5. 14I am writing to you parents and elderly: since you have come to know and understand Him Who existed from the beginning.
6. I am writing to you young adults: because you are strong/ the Word of God lives in you/ and you have overcome the evil one.
15Do not love either the world or the things in the world! Because:
1. If anyone loves the world he does not have love for the Father/ 16since
2. Not everything in the world is from the Father; some things in the world are from the world, like:
a. The lust of the flesh that craves sensual gratification,
b. The lust of the eyes that the mind longs for greedily --and--
c. The pride of life that puts assurance in material resources.
3. 17The world, with its forbidden and passionate desires, will quickly pass away, but whoever does the will of God/ and carries out His purposes to the very End will live forever!
The Creed of Christ-Honoring Fellowship: Believers Who Know the Truth Remain United to Christ Against the World's Antichrists, 2:18-29
18Children (you who are progressively obtaining an ever-clearer knowledge and understanding of God) it is the last hour of Time on this earth!
And just like you heard that the [ultimate, supreme] Anti-Christ was coming, so many opposed to Jesus have already appeared.
(That is how we know that it is the last hour.)
19Once, they were even members of our churches, although they did not actually belong to us, because if they had belonged to us they would have remained with us. But when they went out itproved they never really belonged to us at all.
20But you have been anointed by the Holy Spirit/ and you know the Truth. 21I am not writing to you because you do not know the Truth, but because you do know it/ and because no lie or deception is of the Truth.
22Who is the liar but the one that denies Jesus is the Christ/ the Messiah? This is the Anti-Christ, that refuses to acknowledge either God the Father or His Son.
23If a person or a conglomerate of people disowns the Son of God then he or they cannot have God the Father, either. But if anyone confesses the Son then he has the Father also. 24Therefore, as for you:
1. KEEP IN YOUR HEARTS WHAT YOU HEARD FROM THE START! Because if what you first heard remains in you, then you will live in the Son and the Father. 25And the promise which God made to us apostles, and you who are progressively obtaining an ever-clearer knowledge and understanding of Him, is eternal Life.
--26The things I am writing refer to those who are trying to deceive and lead you astray;
27but as for you--
2. YOU DO NOT REQUIRE ANYONE TO INSTRUCT YOU!
(Since the anointing of God lives inside of you.)
--So since His Spirit teaches you all things and is True and not a lie--
3. MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU REMAIN in Him!
28Yes, REMAIN IN HIM, LITTLE CHILDREN! …So we might have confidence and not shrink away in shame when Christ comes again, permanently!
29If you know that Christ is absolutely righteous and conforms in every way to the Father's will in purpose, thought and action: you also know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.
Excerpt from Revelation 1
in the DISCIPLE'S NEW TESTAMENT
Perhaps the biggest of the many reasons I chose to include this excerpt is to convey how URGENT it is for us Christ’s last-century bondservants to get His message to every kind of church ASAP!
1 1This is the revelation of Jesus Christ: which God gave Him in order to show His [last-century] bondservants the things that must soon take place.
After He received the revelation, Jesus dispatched an angel to reveal the revelation to His [first-century] bondservant John.
2John vouched for the testimony of Jesus, the Word of God and everything He saw and heard in the visions.
3Blessed and to be envied will be any person who reads this prophecy in the assembly of believers/ and also those who listen and remain true to everything in it, because the Time is near!
4John, to the seven churches in the province of Asia: “May the undeserved favor and the peace of Christ be granted to you:
1. From Him Who is/ Who was/ and Who is to come
2. From the seven spirits who are before His throne --5and--
3. From Jesus Christ the Faithful Witness: the firstborn from the dead and the Ruler of the kings of the earth:
a. Who loves us
b. Whose blood cleansed and freed us from our sin --6and--
c. Who formed us apostles, and you bondservants small and great who have a healthy fear of the One we serve* into a royal kingdom of priests to His God and Father. *cf. v.19:5
(To Him be glory, power, majesty and dominion forever!) Amen.
7 “LOOK! He [Christ] will come in the clouds. Every eye will see Him (even those who pierced Him) and because of Him the nations will weep in sorrow and terror. So it will be! Amen.
8I am the Alpha and the Omega (the Beginning and the End) Who was, and Who is to be again the Almighty Ruler of all,” says the LORD GOD.
[cf. vv.21:6-7 with 1 Corinthians 15:22-28]
Circumstances Surrounding John's Visions, 1:9-11
9 I, John (brother to you bondservants small and great who have a healthy fear of the One we serve, who will return and share in the tribulation/ kingdom/ and patient endurance which are in Christ Jesus)
was exiled to the island of Patmos because of the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10While worshiping in the power of the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, I heard a loud voice behind me, like the sound of a trumpet, 11saying, “WRITE IN A BOOK EVERYTHING YOU SEE! THEN SEND IT TO THE SEVEN CHURCHES IN ASIA!
(to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea”)
Yes, the Time is indeed near!